Have you been wanting to do a startup but don’t want the risk of going it alone? Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30 million users per month. We're looking for a curious, savvy, and agile User Researcher & UX Designer to manage and optimize the user experience of a portfolio website/app, such as LoveToKnow.com. The successful candidate will have 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a start-up or other entrepreneurial venture. Please attach a recent CV and your Design portfolio at https://lovetoknow-media-corp....
About the Role:
- User researcher and UX expert. Competent in UI.
- Lead and collaborate with an engineering team.
- Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer & Head of Product Strategy.
- Based in our Barcelona office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involve the target customer at all stages of the development cycle.
- Design, conduct and present user-centered qualitative research studies, including user interviews, usability studies, focus groups, persona creation, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, guerilla usability tactics, etc. to generate insights.
- Design and conduct quantitative research studies, including writing & analyzing surveys.
- Identify important customer needs/frustrations and potential solutions that differentiate from the competition.
- Conceive, wireframe, prototype, and UI mockup the user experiences.
- Create detailed product specifications to guide and prioritize the efforts of engineering.
- Continuously deploy, test, analyze, and rapidly iterate on your designs and features.
What you will need to be successful:
- Three or more years proven track record of shipping mobile app and/or web products. Preferred experience in a fast-growing startup.
- Fluent English written/verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills. You are able to organize and conduct user research interviews.
- Solid understanding of leading qualitative & quantitative research methods, human-centered Design, and Lean Start-Up methodologies.
- A passion for connecting with customers on a regular basis and figuring out what they want and how to best deliver it to them.
- Hands-on UX/UI experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, mockups, etc. using leading tools such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, etc.
- Familiarity with key tools - SEO (e.g., Google Search Console), ASO (e.g., SensorTower), Analytics (e.g., AppFigures), User Behavior (e.g., Hotjar), A/B Testing (e.g., Optimizely).
- Strong technical acumen or background to engage deeply with engineers.
- Analytical, data-driven, and resourceful.
- Desire to move fast and experiment, innovate, and iterate. Open and flexible to feedback.
- Ability to fail without fear, be persistent, and learn quickly.
- Very smart, high-energy, and creative problem solver.
- Hungry to own results, think entrepreneurially and prioritize the right opportunities.
Why you want this job:
- LoveToKnowMedia brings Silicon Valley to Barcelona. You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing digital brand names.
- Work in a premium office at a convenient location in the main shopping district in Barcelona.
- Receive recognition and rewards for achieving your business goals.
- Perks include a flexible schedule, friendly office environment, English language courses, professional training, drinks/snacks, and discounts on gym fees and other services.