LovetoKnow.com is a growing internet content site that aims to help people solve problems, get advice, and find information from authoritative experts. We are currently looking for a staff writer to join our editorial team.
We are looking for writers with a solid background in the medical field. This includes doctors, nurses, paramedics, and so on. While strong writing skills are essential, our focus is on your education and experience as a medical professional.
This is a part-time, telecommuting, employee position offering up to 29 hours per week. Writers create high quality content that addresses readers’ needs and adheres to LTK guidelines.
About the Role
The ideal staff writer is a true expert in his or her field, with a strong background and solid experience. Experience working with a content management system (CMS) and writing for the web is a big plus.
As a LoveToKnow Staff Writer, you will:
- Write consistently high quality articles that address the needs and queries of our readers
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with LTK guidelines
- Work on fixing older content, which includes updating and rewriting existing articles
- Work within system-generated deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Keep an accurate record of time worked
- Communicate with the rest of the editorial team as needed
- Attend regular (virtual) meetings
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions on LTK.com as well as other LoveToKnow Corp. properties
- Allot time each week for working on personal authority/branding
- Minimum of one year professional writing experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience
- Expert qualifications for assigned topic channels
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to keep an accurate time sheet
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article types
We look forward to hearing from you!