Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. We're looking for an experienced and savvy Senior SEO Strategist to join our in-house SEO team. The candidate will also help expand the overall reach of our offerings and brand, the results of which are measured through improvements in traffic and revenue. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of SEO experience. LoveToKnow Media is a virtual company! This role is located remotely. Live, Work, and Play wherever you choose!
What We Need:
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial, and hands-on contributor for multiple consumer properties.
- Enjoys playing the SEO game and winning. Passion for our company mission and working remotely.
- Reports to the Senior Product Manager for Global Content Strategy.
What You Will Do:
- Build and own the roadmap for SEO (on- and off-page) for website(s), including the SEO strategy, planning, execution, optimization, metrics and reporting.
- Analyze and identify SEO opportunities via keyword research, competitor analysis, content gap analysis, backlink monitoring, crawl logs, and infrastructure audits.
- Drive organic traffic by leading the execution of SEO efforts including meta-data, content techniques, site architecture, link-building, keyword selection/utilization, etc.
- Own specifications for all SEO features; define detailed technical requirements, write user stories, make decisions during development, and execute experiments.
- Recommend optimizations to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Stay abreast of SEO industry trends, best practices and algorithm updates.
- Train stakeholders on best practices to ensure the websites are SEO friendly.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of professional, hands-on SEO experience, with at least 2 years in a start-up and 2 years working remotely. Experience with large sites of 10M+ visitors per month.
- Software engineering background such as Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing & driving SEO strategies and delivering results, including growing initial traffic on new websites.
- Ability to see the big picture of a long-term strategy as well as getting into the weeds of writing detailed technical requirements that can be given directly to engineers.
- Fluent knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Experience with search engine ranking software. You are tech-savvy and learn quickly.
- Ability to analyze & recommend SEO improvements in web code & infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of search technologies, industry standards, white-hat best practices, and ranking strategies.
- Ability to quantify SEO initiative impact and prioritize accordingly. Not afraid to swing big!
- Self-motivated, resourceful and flexible; thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable working independently and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- A strong communicator and influencer with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and methodical.
- Innovative, competitive, and forward-thinking.
- Possesses high integrity and character.
- Experience and a strong desire to work remotely and engage with distributed teams.
- Ability to overlap time zones, particularly US Pacific and Central Europe. Ability to travel to our Barcelona office for a week at least once a year.
Equipment Required (Remote Position)
Remote employees are responsible for ensuring they have consistent access to reliable Internet.
About LoveToKnow Media:
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. Learn more about LoveToKnow Media at www.lovetoknowmedia.com. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about Howard at www.howardlove.com.