Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30 million users per month. We're looking for a curious, savvy, and agile Senior UX Designer for Web/App to manage and optimize the user experience of a portfolio websites & apps, such as YourDictionary.com, LoveToKnow.com and Trails.com. The successful candidate will have 3+ years of relevant experience. Please attach a recent CV and include a link to your Design portfolio .
About the Role:
- UX expert who deeply understands how people interact with websites and apps.
- Help team identify user requirements through user research, polls, surveys, etc.
- Collaborate with the design team to create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to demonstrate interaction and design concepts.
- Works with product managers to continually pursue customer satisfaction with usability studies and testing.
- Role is based remotely, so you can work from the comfort of your own home - no commute and flex schedule!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other designers, executives, engineers, and product managers to find solutions that improve user experience.
- Create prototypes and perform user testing to guide each iteration of the design.
- Present design concepts and deliverables that meet business requirements.
- Involve the target customer at all stages of the development cycle.
- Design, conduct and present user-centered qualitative research studies, including user interviews, usability studies, focus groups, persona creation, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, User journeys, etc. to generate insights.
- Design and conduct quantitative research studies, including writing & analyzing surveys.
- Identify important customer needs/frustrations and potential solutions that differentiate from the competition.
- Conceive, wireframe, prototype, and mockup the user experiences.
- Continuously deploy, test, analyze, and rapidly iterate on your designs and features.
- Evangelize the power of UX to build an empathetic and user-centered company culture.
What you will need to be successful:
- Four or more years proven track record of designing consumer mobile app and/or web products, preferably in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Solid understanding of leading qualitative & quantitative research methods, Human Centered Design, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup methodologies.
- A passion for connecting with customers on a regular basis and figuring out what they want and how to best deliver it to them.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Hands-on UX/UI experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, mockups, etc. using leading tools such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, etc.
- Desire to move fast and experiment, innovate, and iterate. Open and flexible to feedback.
- Ability to fail without fear, be persistent, and learn quickly.
- Very smart, high-energy, resourceful creative problem solver.
- Hungry to own results, think like an entrepreneur and prioritize the right opportunities.
Why you want this job:
- LoveToKnowMedia is a fast growing global digital media company. We are virtual in the US, so you can work from your own home (no commute, flexible schedule). We also have offices in Barcelona, Spain, which can make for some fun travel!
- You will be part of a superb team of international professionals building one of the fastest growing digital brand names.
- Receive recognition and rewards for achieving your business goals.
About LoveToKnow Media:
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. We have been around for over a decade but we have the DNA of an entrepreneurial startup. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The company is 100% telecommuting in the US, in which LoveToKnow Media’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 60 early-stage startups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.