Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide Fullstack development to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager. Due to immigration reasons, we’re only allowed to accept candidates holding a citizenship from a state member of the EU.
Your work will be high impact and highly visible—this is a profitable, public website with millions of monthly visitors.
About the Role:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Mature the site's development practices and processes to include automated unit, integration, and acceptance testing; automated builds and deploys; continuous integration; and other tools/processes you deem appropriate.
- Help with the transition of the site's framework and architectural design to a more modern approach of loosely coupled services and frameworks.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- 3+ years of HTML + CSS experience
- Experience in maintaining legacy code.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including:
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and programming
- Software design patterns
- Data structures
- Strong background in automating software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- Experience in engineering websites and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience using and automating cloud computing services a plus.
Why you want this job:
- LoveToKnowMedia brings Silicon Valley to Barcelona. You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing digital brand names.
- Work in a premium office, at a convenient location in the main shopping district in Barcelona.
- Receive recognition and rewards for achieving your business goals.
- Perks include a flexible schedule, friendly office environment, English language courses, professional training, drinks/snacks, and discounts on gym fees and other services.