Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide frontend development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans teamwork and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager. In case of relocation to Barcelona, we do not provide visa sponsorships.
Why you want this job:
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Remote/in-office work to be chosen from.
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be a high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Implement page layouts, features, and changes according to mockups created by our graphic design team and/or written requirements.
- Guide the transition of the site's frontend infrastructure to a more modern approach to layout implementation and client-side scripting.
- Mentor other developers working both on this site and other projects who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- 5+ years working in Frontend Development.
- Proficient in mobile-first and responsive design practices as well as being able to adopt a given design to a variety of content situations and viewport sizes.
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Nuxt.js is a plus.
- Experience problem solving and debugging client-side code on a wide variety of platforms.
- Deep understanding of how web browsers process and render web pages.
- Constantly learning new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, cooperativeness, and kindness.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including:
- • object-oriented analysis, design, and programming
• software design patterns
• data structures
- Experience doing some server-side programming in conjunction with frontend development work a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.