Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Writer
The SEO Writer is responsible for implementing SEO and content strategies across a growing portfolio of websites that totals 30M users per month.
Must have demonstrated writing experience, professional and/or academic and have experience writing for a web-based audience as well as a working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and how they apply to content marketing. This part-time position reports to the Sr. SEO Manager and is based remotely.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing and executing content marketing improvements to enhance SEO and user experience goals.
- Perform basic keyword research to identify opportunities to optimize web content
- Evaluate meta data and refine into powerful calls-to-action that convert visitors
- Analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Assist in creating reports that show progress for key SEO metrics
- Help support SEO/editorial department with various tasks as needed
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing.
- Prior experience in content marketing, content growth and SEO
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Top-notch writing skills that grab your audience’s attention
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Ability to think creatively and collaborate with the content team on topic ideas.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in content Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven success working in a variety of content channels, projects, and lifestyle topics
- Experience working with CMS and administering content in CMS environments
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Proficient with popular keyword tools (AHEFS, SEMrush, KWfinder, Google Search Console)
LoveToKnowMedia’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The company is 100% telecommuting, in which LoveToKnowMedia’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.