LovetoKnow.com is a growing internet content site that aims to help people solve problems, get advice, and find information from authoritative experts. We are currently looking for a staff writer with veterinary experience to join our editorial team. If you are a vet tech or veterinarian with a background that also includes writing, we want to meet you!
This is a part-time, telecommuting, employee position offering 29 hours per week. Writers create high quality content that addresses readers’ needs and adheres to LTK guidelines.
About the Role
The ideal staff writer for our pet channels is a current or former veterinarian or vet tech with experience writing for the web. We cover dogs, cats, small pets, and horses so experience with all of these types of animals is strongly preferred.
As a LoveToKnow Staff Writer, you will:
- Write consistently high quality articles that address the needs and queries of our readers
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with LTK guidelines
- Work on fixing older content, which includes updating and rewriting existing articles
- Work within system-generated deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Keep an accurate record of time worked
- Communicate with the rest of the editorial team as needed
- Attend regular (virtual) meetings
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions on LTK.com as well as other LoveToKnow Corp. properties
- Allot time each week for working on personal authority/branding
- Minimum of one year professional writing experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience
- Expert qualifications for assigned topic channels
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Ability to keep an accurate time sheet
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article types