Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide backend development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager.You will initially be working on a large PHP 5 / Symfony 1.4 based website. Your work will be high impact and highly visible—this is a profitable, public website with millions of monthly visitors.
Due to immigration reasons, we're only able to accept candidates holding an EU member state passport or an EU Blue Card.
Why you want this job:
- LoveToKnowMedia brings Silicon Valley to Barcelona. You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest-growing digital brand names.
- You'll work in a premium office, at a convenient location in the main district in Barcelona.
- Receive recognition and rewards for achieving your business goals.
- Help with relocation if needed.
- Flexible schedule, multicultural office environment.
- English and Spanish language courses, tech training, and conferences covered by the company.
- Flexible retribution on public transportation, restaurants, and kindergarten.
- Drinks/snacks, and discounts on gym fees and other services.
About the role:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Mature the site's development practices and processes to include automated unit, integration, and acceptance testing; automated builds and deploys; continuous integration; and other tools/processes you deem appropriate.
- Guide the transition of the site's framework and architectural design to a more modern approach of loosely coupled services and frameworks.
- Mentor other developers working both on this site and other projects who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
- Manipulate and enhance lexical data.
- Support NLP (symbolic and statistical methods) needs of different dictionary and language-related products.
What you will need to be successful:
- Fluent in multiple programming languages and constantly learning new technologies.
- Deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including the following:
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and programming
- Software design patterns
- Data structures
- Strong background in automating software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes.
- Strong background in NLP data and tools. Knowledge in some of the following fields:
- Machine learning
- Pattern recognition
- Semantic annotation
- Words disambiguation in context
- Word Embeddings
- Sentence level semantics
- Word Level Semantics
- Word sense alignment
- POS tagging
- Relation extraction
- Sentiment analysis
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years of engineering websites and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience utilizing and automating cloud computing services a plus.
- Computational linguistics
- Natural Language Processing